For an end customer in the Munich region, we are looking for an electrical engineer.
Our direct end-customer is a global player in the field of Enterprise Information Management (EIM), technologies and business solutions. Because of the Brexit, data centers are transferred from the UK to data centers in Germany, including the data center near Munich.
As an electrical engineer in the EMEA Operations & Facilities Data Center team you work on maintaining the critical physical infrastructure that supports the internal IT business units (storage, network and computer processing). To realize this, you are involved in (rack) design, (floor) management, maintenance, engineering and operations. The electrical engineer maintains an overview of the entire data center and has final responsibility for the continuity of the computer floor and rack conditions, physical security and access controls and connectivity (cabling and circuits).
- Improve, operate, manage and secure the physical technical infrastructure of the data center, both electric and mechanical;
- Site engineering: checking whether all planned maintenance of the installations meets the corresponding contracts (Power, HVAC, Fire suspension, UPS / STS, etc.);
- Floor management: planning, installing, racking, stacking and cabling (UTP and fiber optics) of IT equipment;
- to protect the coolant and humidity of the computer floor;
- Service Life Cycle Management: decommissioning, repurposing, consolidation and remediation; Monitoring and developing the technical conditions with regard to electrical, thermal and hydraulic requirements;
- Secure continuity and security: ensure permanent availability of data center services, take direct actions in alarms and incidents, comply with safety and security rules;
Who are we looking for?
- A completed electrical (and mechanical) training and associated certifications;
- Minimum 3 years work experience, preferably within data centers or as an electrical engineer;
- Knowledge of and experience with IT and data center infrastructures (hardware, network, UPS, generator, coolers …);
- Good knowledge of both German and English in word and writing;
- Living in the Munich area or willing to relocate.
- Being able to live a metropolis where real life lovers live;
- Attractive employment conditions;
- Working hours from Monday to Friday during office hours, very sporadic weekend or evening work;
- Working in a people-oriented work environment that values and respects diversity.
Do you have the necessary experience and would you like to be considered? Do not hesitate and send your resume to iris.wintjens (at) imbri.nl or apply online.
Type of employment: Full-time